Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: The Personality of God? [!OT]

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know four words in Spanish; uno(1), dos(2), trece(3), and mucho(I think it means much).

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    there's no trece, thats Frenchi I think, its tres [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    btw, whats cayate mean? My friend said he'd give me 2 tins of altoids if I tol my Spanish teahcer Cayate, por favor, bt I didn't as I knew it had ta be somethign that'd get me in trouble [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 13, 2003 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

  3. #33
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT N:
    3 = "Tres"
    "Mucho" means "much", "many", "a lot of", or "greatly".

    IRT Xellos:
    "Trece" = 13
    "C?llate" ("Callate" in some parts of America) = "Shut up". You definitely not want to say that to your teacher [img]smile.gif[/img] .

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh yeah, trece is 13! sounds french when its written down like that

  5. #35
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    though in Spanish it doesn't sound french at all! (or at least i don't think it sounds like that....)

    It is "TRE-THE" (the -th- sound is like the one in THING )

    Same for "Catorce" and "Quince".

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    in Spain it is, but in latin america its like

    TRE-SE

    :-P

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    We learn Mexican spanish, and it's pronounchd like DR says

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Grandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2003
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Treh-theh? lol, sounds like what some street doofus might tell you upon imploring one for spare change.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    in Spain, (I think, I've never been there, but I'm 99% sure) its not EXACTLY like in "thing" but its like "thsing" like they're talking in a lisp.

  10. #40
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, it depends on the part of Spain you are.

    - In the Carary Islands, they say "treh-seh".
    - Some people say "treh-thseh"
    - Most people in most parts of Spain say "treh-theh"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •